About Me

My photo
An inspiring Fashion Merchandising student, a friend, a lover, a good listener, a person with a open heart and is willing to give. Love and Happiness is what I live for.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday, September 26th

This past weekend was a weekend to remember. I can't tell you the last time I went and spent the weekend at home so it was actually nice to be at home for once. I headed home Friday morning and was able to meet my Mom, Grandmother, and Mary for lunch. Friday was my mom's birthday and the day they got my Grandmother's pathology reports back. We prayed and prayed for good reports and God helped us out. She will still have to go through chemo and radiation but only 2 out of the 13 lymph nodes were cancerous. All of the cancer is out of her body but chemo is needed since cancer lives in the cells and the tumor could grow back. Although it will be a long road, these were great results. I know the next couple of years will be hard for her but she will beat this horrible disease! Granny was able to come to lunch and we were all thankful for that. It was her first time out since the surgery and it was so nice to spend time with her. We all had so much fun. After lunch, mom and I ran some errands before it was time to celebrate. Blake came into town and the two of us and my parents headed to dinner. William and Amanda met us at Adam's in downtown Buford to celebrate Mom's birthday. It had a great atmosphere because each lady received a rose and there was a person playing a grand piano the entire time we were there. Very relaxing dinner I must say!


On Saturday, Mom and I planned to do some needed shopping. We shopped till we literally dropped. Our legs were hurting so bad we could barely walk anymore so we treated that with a starbucks. We found some great deals and cute clothes! It was a successful shopping day! We headed to bed early because we had to get up early on Sunday. On Sunday, my Mom, Amanda, and I ran the Duluth 5K for cancer. We ran in spite of Granny! It was mine and my mom's first 5k and I am so glad we accomplished one. Our goal was to do it in less than 45 minutes and we did. Out of over 400 people we came in 141 and 142. I was so glad we did it because it felt good to run and especially because we were running in honor of Granny. After the run, we headed to breakfast and then decided to walk around the fall festival afterwards. It was a nice day but after running 3.2 miles we finally headed home around 12:00 for some rest. I had a wonderful weekend with my family an can't wait to see them again!


No comments:

Post a Comment