About Me

My photo
An inspiring Fashion Merchandising student, a friend, a lover, a good listener, a person with a open heart and is willing to give. Love and Happiness is what I live for.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pimento Cheese Lovers

As I was reading a friend's blog, I noticed she had a recipe for pimento cheese. As I kept reading, I realized it was for Marti's pimento cheese. For those of you who are non-athenians, you are totally missing out on the best pimento cheese and chicken salad EVER. Marti's at Midday has quickly become my favorite eating spot in Athens, in which I travel to a couple of times a week. Blake and I always go and split a chicken salad sandwich and get a cup of pimento cheese. It is my favorite meal, and I crave Marti's every single day! Thanks to a blog post, I now have the recipe for Marti's Pimento cheese which can also be found on their website.

Blake had gone to Athens today and we had settled that he was gonna bring some pimento cheese and chicken salad home for our beach trip. He called to tell me that they are closed until August 1st. This made me extremely sad knowing that I will have to miss out on my favorite chicken salad, but I remembered that I will no longer ever be without the pimento cheese. I decided to head to the store and whip up my own.

My Marti's Pimento Cheese- Batch #2


Marti's Pimento Cheese

Ingredients
1/2 of a medium size sweet onion (Vidalia) chopped
1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (Add more if you want it hotter)
1 cup Pimentos diced with juice
4 oz Cream Cheese softened
3/4 cup of full-fat mayonnaise
1 pound White Cheddar Cheese grated 

Steps:
Combine chopped onion, cayenne pepper, and pimento with juice until well combined. Then add mayonnaise and cream cheese. Grate cheese and mix well into mixture. Serve with pita chips and enjoy. Pimento cheese lasts 2 weeks... but try it once, and you wont have it more than a couple of days. SO delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment