About Me

My photo
An inspiring Fashion Merchandising student, a friend, a lover, a good listener, a person with a open heart and is willing to give. Love and Happiness is what I live for.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Antiques Galore!

Today My mom, Vicki, Granny, and I took a day trip up to Helen, Georgia. We decided to go at our own pace and stop at every little antique store we wanted to since my dad has never been the one to stop and let us shop! I have been so interested in antiques recently and couldn't wait to see what I could find! We stopped at MANY antique stores, the Habersham Winery, and some other little shops by the river in Helen. It was such a fun day and I found some really neat stuff!




My new obsession is mason jars so I was on a hunt for some cool looking antique ones. I came across 2 really cool ones in the first store... then the second I found two huge bins full for 25 cents each!! I was in heaven :) My real hunt for the day was the blue mason jar with the number 13 on the bottom. The ones with 13 are extremely rare because most people who had them destroyed them. The 13 number mason jar was known for carrying moon shine and anyone with a 13 jar was possibly going to be taken to jail by the Fed's back in the day. The last and final antique store we pulled into I walk around and around and around... and in the back corner of the top floor of this house I see a blue mason jar. I run over pick it up and sure enough its a 13!!!!! I started saying omg omg omg omg and scared the lady next to me half to death. Not only was it a 13 it had a top! Most mason jars don't come with the tops anymore so its rare when you find them! It was definitely my lucky find of the day!

My number 13!!!



My adorable Mason Jar Salt & Pepper Shakers


My other magnificent find of the day that I completely adore! I don't have a house but one day when I do this will definitely be in it :) It is an antique sterling silver platter but the inside is now a chalk board! 
This is from the Habersham Winery... Now I have a place to put all the wine bottle corks! So cute :) It is shaped like a wine barrel.


No comments:

Post a Comment