About Me

My photo
An inspiring Fashion Merchandising student, a friend, a lover, a good listener, a person with a open heart and is willing to give. Love and Happiness is what I live for.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas 2011

I know I am a little late on updating about Christmas this year but I will still fill yall in anyways :) As most of you know, I was able to help the Svenson's with their Christmas this year since they were unable to have the true Christmas they deserve. I got word that they were completely overwhelmed with joy and happiness that they all cried Christmas morning. This family fills my heart with love and joy and I feel so blessed to have been able to spend some time with them this Christmas. (Tori goes in tomorrow for another round of chemo that lasts a week. Please keep her in your prayers!)

Christmas was a little different this year for me. Being in a serious relationship means having to compromise with one another, and with our families living an hour away, Blake and I had to make some compromises. We decided that he would be here all day on Christmas Eve for church and for our party and that I would spend all of Christmas day at his grandmother's (since he came here for Thanksgiving). I woke up at my house and opened presents real quick before my Grandmother, aunt, and uncle came over. Since I wasn't going to be able to see them that night at Christmas dinner, we settled for breakfast instead. After, I went up to Blake's house and we enjoyed a very yummy lunch at Betty's house. After we went to Grandmother's and opened presents. Blake being the person he is who HATES being surprised already knew what his gift was and that was only because he was driving me crazy... trying to figure out what it was- so I gave in. He opened his gifts on Christmas Eve from me since he couldn't stand it any longer (typical man). I gave him a Filson duffle bag that he had been wanting and he loved it. I however opened my gifts from Blake last on Christmas morning because I don't find it fun annoying someone about what they are getting me haha. Blake gave me the most gorgeous black pearl earrings... I love them so much I haven't taken them off since Christmas! He also gave me a quilted Ralph Lauren jacket which is a jacket I picked out forever ago and he found it... without even knowing I had wanted it! He is a smart smart man! We exchanged gifts with Austin, Alex, and Amanda as well. We had SO much fun watching Austin ride around on his new little four wheeler we got him! He was adorable. I had an amazing Christmas and hope each and every one of you did as well.
Opening gifts

Blake with his bag and his new sweater
After church on Christmas Eve
Most of the family on Dad's side
Austin LOVED his new toy from Aunt Lala and Uncle Blake
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment