About Me

My photo
An inspiring Fashion Merchandising student, a friend, a lover, a good listener, a person with a open heart and is willing to give. Love and Happiness is what I live for.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wedding Planning!

As you can see from my last post, Amanda and Alex are finally engaged! Each time Amanda and I were together we would chat about how our future weddings would be like. We would walk on the beach in the mornings while on vacation and discuss things we loved and things we hated when it came to weddings and we tried to think of incredible engagement ideas while on boat rides on the lake. I have been so giddy since the engagement like it's my own wedding or something. I am so excited for them, and it just makes me jump up and down with excitement. Amanda was sweet enough to invite me to come dress shopping with her. As soon as she called I knew I had to get two things! One. Every girl needs a customized bridal hanger, so I got on www.etsy.com and searched bridal hanger. I found the perfect one and ordered it with an ivory bow that read "Mrs. Wilbanks." I knew it wouldn't be here in time before we went dress shopping so I ran to Barnes & Nobles and picked up a wedding planning book. This book has everything a girl could need to plan a wedding. It's got budget sheets, seating charts, and etiquette. I couldn't wait to give them to her when the dress shopping day came. We shopped from 9 a.m to 7 p.m. with a little break at the cheesecake factory in between ;) Amanda looked beautiful in every thing she tried on. I don't know how she will pick one! I had so much fun and was so thrilled that she invited me.

This past friday, Amanda called me to go look at wedding venue's with her. I was ecstatic! So ecstatic that I got out of bed, showered, did my hair and makeup, went and got allergy shots and was at the wedding venue in exactly one hour. Think that might be a record! I met them at the Taylor-Grady house which is located right on Prince Ave. in Athens. As soon as we pulled up, we all had an amazing feeling come over us. We LOVED it. It was perfect and exactly what Amanda had wanted the entire time. We checked out hotel rooms and suites for the wedding weekend and then Amanda came to a clear decision. The wedding is now set for April 7th at the Taylor-Grady House!!!!! Everything is slowly coming together and I am so glad I get to be apart of the entire experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment