About Me

My photo
An inspiring Fashion Merchandising student, a friend, a lover, a good listener, a person with a open heart and is willing to give. Love and Happiness is what I live for.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 30, 2012

My Insurance Agent

As a horrible week comes to an end, what is the best way to make it better... I personally believe Chick-Fil-A breakfast on a crisp Friday morning. A few weeks ago, I had probably the worst week I have had in a very long time. It was one of those weeks where nothing goes your way and things just never work out they way you thought they would. Well I guess you could ad my morning breakfast stop as another part of my week that didn't work out the way I thought it would have. As I am sitting in the drive thru, the car in front of my gets their food and slowly starts to move away. I casually take my foot off the brake and begin to roll. Well I rolled into the lady who just got her breakfast. Thinking it wasn't that big of a deal, I assumed I would pull over after I got my breakfast. Um.. No. The lady in front of my immediately started cussing me out telling me to pull over (I am leaving out the dirty words...because they are just plain awful). I simply try to tell her that once I get my food I will pull right over, but she wasn't having any of that. I yelled out of my window at the drive thru attendant to cancel my order... obviously I wasn't going to have time to eat anyways now. As soon as I pull over and get out of the car, this woman lets me have it. She calls me every name in the book and downright scares the living crap out of me. I looked around wondering if there was anyone who could save me if she decided to kill me, and sure enough two managers we're coming outside- and I think thats because they genuinely thought she was going to kill me. I immediately burst into tears because well, its just been one of those weeks. Not a scratch, ding, bump, or flaw on her car or mine but she had already called the cops on me. She proceeds to tell the cop I was texting and driving- which I CERTAINLY was not. The cop tells us that both our cars and ourselves were physically fine so there was no need for him to be there. Well... lets just call her "star" expressed that she felt fine right now, but she was sure her back would be hurting later. I had no idea that someone could have a hurt back from being rolled into by someone in a drive thru going less than one mile per hour. And the worst part of all of this... the manager brought me my breakfast out as my distraught self was trying to get in my car, and simply said "That will be 5.34." So yes, I had to pay for a breakfast order that I had canceled, that I no longer wanted because I was so upset, and a breakfast order I didn't even have time to eat because I was late for class. Why this lady chose to act the way she did towards me... I am not sure. I do know that I didn't deserve that for it was only an accident. Soon enough, she called to file a claim on me for a non-damaged car. I know I am not the smartest in insurance, but I do know that it is impossible to file a claim when your car is not even the slightest bit damaged. She tried to play the wrong person that Friday morning... When you take someone's information down with the name of Lauren Corley and their insurance agent being Mike Corley of Corley Insurance Agency, you my friend are not going to win the game of fraud.

No comments:

Post a Comment