About Me

My photo
An inspiring Fashion Merchandising student, a friend, a lover, a good listener, a person with a open heart and is willing to give. Love and Happiness is what I live for.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas is about giving!

For those of you who know, I have decided to help out a family in need this Christmas. The Svenson family is a family who displays love, passion, hope, and faith. Tori Svenson who is only eight years old was diagnosed with a very malignant form of brain cancer earlier this year. She has undergone over 30 radiation treatments and is currently receiving chemo treatments. She will be receiving chemotherapy until June or July of 2012. This little girl is so strong and has had to give up so much in her life. She is a little girl and her soul is having to fight for her life. Hunter Svenson is thirteen and an amazing big brother from what I hear. He cares for Tori and tries to soothe and comfort her in anyway possible. He has never resented his sister... just this awful disease affecting her! Their father, Todd, is currently in the military who was actually away on duty during the time Tori was born. Penny has had to spend every day caring for Tori and shuttling her to and from treatments. As you can imagine, finances are more than tight for this family this Christmas. Their story spoke to me and inspired me to help them out. They don't deserve to not wake up Christmas morning without anything. It isn't just Tori fighting this awful disease, its the whole family. They DESERVE a day filled with love, joy, excitement, and happiness. I have rallied up as many people as possible to help me give this family the Christmas deserve. I feel so blessed to have such caring people in my life. Everyone is coming together to help this family out without even knowing them, and it truly warms my soul. I am so thankful to know such amazing people with such amazing hearts! I cannot wait to see everything we get for the Svenson family, and I especially can't wait to hear about their Christmas morning experience. I pray each night that Tori can win this evil battle, and her family can have relief. I am hoping each and everyone of you reading this blog post in someway or somehow helps someone in need this Christmas season. Christmas is about giving NOT receiving. If anyone is interested in providing gifts or donations to this family you can email me at laurenmc820@yahoo.com I hope everyone has a blessed day!

XOXO,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment